From beginners to scratch players, golfing in Ladner offers easy access, fun, and a challenge for all. When coupled with nearby facilities, golfers get to enjoy a wide variety of course design, fees, and proximity.
We have two local courses. Both are well supported and public; Kings Links by the Sea, an 18-hole, par 72, links style course, and The Links At Hampton Cove, a 9-hole, par 29, executive course. For those looking for more, you don’t have to travel much further than nearby Tsawwassen, White Rock, and North Delta.
If you’re looking to make an equipment purchase, then a few basic clubs are enough. Pickup a driver, putter, sand wedge, 6-iron, and 8-iron to get started. Be sure to work with someone who can help with basic fitting. Early lessons will go a long way. Yes, a friend or loved one can help, but even a few lessons with a pro will make all the difference. As for where to play, then golf in Ladner starts at The Links at Hampton Cove. Be forewarned, you’ll need a few extra balls and you may want to use the red tees, there’s no shortage of water! The course has just 9 holes but includes two par 4 holes and more than enough challenge for the experienced golfer.
Making the most of the driving range
Super valuable and not so far away, the Delta Golf Centre offers a very complete set of services. Located beside Delta Golf Club on the southeast corner of #10, #91, and #99 highway, they are reasonably priced and open 7 days a week from 9 am till dusk. The range has 36 stalls, a 260-yard range, infrared heating, a family putting green, and chipping green. They have quantity purchase programs and rental clubs starting at $1 each.
Looking for a place to shop
When it comes to shopping locally, you have a few nearby options.
- The Links At Hampton Cove pro shop – Located in Ladner, a limited selection but the essentials are there.
- Kings Links by the Sea pro shop – Located in Ladner, a more complete selection.
- Golfball Planet – An online business, based in Ladner, selling used golf balls.
- Tsawwassen Springs Golf Shop – Located in Tsawwassen, a more complete selection.
- Golf Town – Located in Richmond, offering a vast selection of equipment and clothing.
British Columbia Golf
Located here in Ladner, British Columbia Golf is a great resource for armature golfers. A member based organization with some 56,000 members at over 300 clubs across the province, they offer a broad range of services and benefits to gofers and the golfing industry in general.
The Hampton Cove Community Open
Introduced by local business leaders Michael Lepore, and Glenn Issler with The Links at Hampton Cove, The Hampton Cove Community Open is an annual event. Encouraging neighbours, family, and businesses to come together and enjoy a fun day of activities, the all day event features three shotgun starts, a family start, a kids zone, and prizes.
Traditionally, play is free with the presenting sponsors paying the green fees. Golfers are invited to make donations and 100% of the net proceeds benefit the Reach Child and Youth Development Society. All residents and guests are invited to participate; playing, volunteering, or simply dropping to join the fun.
A few of the courses in and around Ladner
The Links at Hampton Cove
- 9-hole executive golf course, par 29
- This facility has been kept in great condition over the past three years and considered a golf gem to Ladner. There are 7 great par 3 holes with 2 par 4’s making up the 9 holes. It is not easy for the beginner as there is water affecting play on everyone of the nine holes. Green fees are just over $20.00 with annual passes for great value.
- Small clubhouse with patio options for sun or shade, a full-service bar, and basic food services with drip or espresso-based coffees. The golf course and clubhouse are usually open from March to October.
Tsawwassen Springs Golf Course
- 18-hole full facility golf course, par 72
- The tee offerings range from just over 4000 yards to 5400 yards. It is a great facility, golf friendly for those great days on the course with friends or co-workers. The rates for the course vary from around $40.00 to $70.00 depending on your category and the day of the week.
- A small covered driving range is available for players and the public, it’s open 30 minutes before the first tee time and usually closes just before dusk each day of the week
- They have a great clubhouse and banquet facility and the Pat Quinn dining room is a great entertaining spot for friends family or business.
Kings Links Golf Course
- 18-hole Scottish Links golf course
- This is a public golf course quite unique as a seaside golf course located adjacent to Boundary Bay in Delta. B.C. It is located in East Ladner on 72nd St. in Delta close to the Boundary Bay Airport. This is a traditional golf course in its rooting and layout. The course ranges from 5900 yards to just over 6800 yards from the white, blue and black tees and close to 5400 yards from the gold tees. It is a par 72 course with 4 par 3 holes and 4 par 5 holes along with the 10 par 4 holes. It is always in great condition. The green fees range from $60.00 to $75.00 depending on the time and rates that are applicable at the time.
- They have a great clubhouse for hosting tournaments and banquets and have a full kitchen and bar. It is a very popular facility for golfers and weekend daytime diners.
- 18-hole, par 3 golf course
- Yardage is just over 2000 and a perfect golf course when not all in your foursome are up for the longer courses or the outing is more a get together for a fun and enjoyable day. The course is also considered a great place to practice one’s short game. Rates are under $20.00 on weekdays and slightly over $20.00 on weekends. A driving range attached to the facility is of adequate size with very reasonable prices. A golf lesson program is available and is given by a PGA Professional.
- Clubhouse has a Pro Shop stocked with a good range of merchandise and the cafeteria serves home style sandwiches, burgers and beverages.
Delta Golf Course
- 18-hole, par 67 golf course
- Yardage is just under 5000 yds, a par 67 for men and 68 for ladies. The golf course rates are usually around $30.00 weekdays and above that number on the weekends.
- The course specializes in hosting tournaments, weddings and other celebration events as the clubhouse is setup with a banquet hall that can accommodate groups up to 200 people as well as a full-service bar.
Mr. Earl Francis, past President of PGA Canada (two terms), elected Honorary Board Member of the PGA of America in 2001/02, Class A Life Member of the PGA of Canada.
Operating Canada’s busiest golf course for 33 years is just one of Earls many achievements. With a focus on sports and recreation throughout his career, Earl has excelled in all aspects of the game of golf. From 20 years of partnership in a Vancouver golfing facility to founding member of a vertical marketing company for golf products. Recently retired as Director of Operations to The Links at Hampton Cove, Earl remains an avid member of the Global Golf Network and available for private and group lessons. You can contact Earl for lessons at www.earlfrancisgolf.com .